North Frontier VLOG Nankana Sahib TO Saragarhi Part 1!! Travel Journey Pashawer ,Kohat, Hangu

Hangu (Pashto: هنګو‬‎) is a town in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan. It is the principal city of the Hangu District. The central village of Hangu city named Saidan Banda is situated South-East far from the City of about two kilometers.[clarification needed] Hangu valley is mainly inhabited by the Bangash. Kohat (Pashto: کوهاټ‬‎, Urdu: کوہاٹ‬‎), is a city in the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province of Pakistan which serves as the capital of the Kohat District. The city is regarded as a centre of the Bangash tribe of Pashtuns, who have lived in the region since the late 15th century.[2] Kohat’s immediate environs were the site of frequent armed skirmishes between British colonialist forces and local tribesmen in the mid to late 19th century. Modern Kohat is now a medium-sized city with a population of approximately 270,000 people, and centres on a British-era fort, various bazaars, and a military cantonment.

Hambran ,Changan Ludhiana TO 76 Jb Jodhan Thikriwakla Layallpur! Punjab Partition Story 1947

Hambran is a township in Punjab state in India. Located in the Ludhiana District close to Mullanpur Dakha, 17 Km ( 10 miles ) west of Ludhiana. Hambran is an industrial town now. It was very remote village before the partition of Punjab. Hambran had sizeable muslim population before 1947. These families now moved to Chak 351JB Kalyan Das and Chahal Padri near Gojra, District Toba Tek Singh. Harijan and Hindu Khatri are native residence of this village and Jat Sikh settled here after 1947 from Layallpur ( Faisalabad ), Jhang Branch villages like Leelan, Mullanpur, Mansooran, Dolon, Sadar, Shehjad, Chack Kalan etc

Menu Mere Yar Charna Te Bansa Mila Do !! Kastiwal, GujarPura,Saidpura to 37 Chak Layallpur

Kastiwal is a village in Batala in Gurdaspur district of Punjab State, India. It is located 12 kilometres (7.5 mi) from sub district headquarter, 40 kilometres (25 mi) from district headquarter and 8 kilometres (5.0 mi) from Sri Hargobindpur. The village is administrated by Sarpanch an elected representative of the village.

Baba Ram Thaman ji Asthan Kalu Khara Kasur Pakistan !! Historical Facts About This Shrine

This shrine is situated in tehsil and district Kasur. One has to get off the train at Rao Khan Wala or Raja Jang railway station. Its distance from both the railway stations is about 12 kms. This shrine is in village Kalu Khara and hence it has been named as Kalu Khara Ram Thaman. Baba Ram Thaman Ji was the son of Guru Nanak Dev Ji’s maternal aunt. He was a prapti Sadhu. During his life time Guru Nanak Dev Ji visited this place on several occassions. The Gurdwara has been built beautifully in the style of a fort. There is a large tank which has now become a pool of dirty water. A beautiful temple is built at the main gate of this tank. A fair used to be held every year from 14th of Chaiter to Visakhi. This fair is still held but lacks the luster of the past. Thousands of i acres of land and an estate has been granted to this shrine. A shrine called “Gave di Mal” is in front of this Gurdwara where beautiful buildings have been built. Justice Baba Bay Nath Ji was a renowned resident of this village: Mela (Fair) of Baba Ram Thamman was organised jointly by the people of the area irrespective of their religion or creed. Now the Muslims organise this fair and the Hindus, Jains, Christians and Buddhists from Lahore enthusiastically participate.

Badhiana Jalandhar TO 33 Chak Satiana Bangla Layallpur Pakistan !! Punjab Partition Story 1947

Padhiana is a village in the tehsil and district of Jalandhar, Punjab, India. It falls in Adampur block of the district. The village has 794 hectares (1962 acres) of land. The population of Padhiana was 2885 at the 1991 census. Padhiana is located in the fertile plains of Doaba, Punjab. It is bordered by Bist Doab canal on West, Khanaura village on South, and a brook (Choe) on North. Jalandhar, Hoshiarpur and Phagwara cities are all within 30 km of the village. History Padhiana is a remaining legacy of Minhas Confederation of villages. Minhas Rajputs of this village are descendents of Shri Baba Kati Deo Ji (alias Kati Ji), a feudal lord of the 16th century, who was a vassal to the Jaswal Raja (King) of Jaswan. Shri Kati Deo was the younger brother of legendary, Shri Mati Deo. The founding ancestor of this village migrated from Daroli, today Daroli Kalan, when family fortunes split. The village today has seven Pattis (family branches). Detailed record of each Minhas family is maintained by genealogists in Hardwar, Uttarakhand. In 1815, the village became a part of Sikh empire when territories of the Raja of Jaswan were confiscated by Ranjit Singh. Few decades later, following the second Anglo-Sikh war, it was transferred to British along with other territories of Punjab. Historical personalities of this village include Sikh warriors, Sangat Singh Ji, Uday Singh Ji, and Bachiter Singh Ji; all served in the tenth Sikh Guru, Gobind Singh Ji’s army. Later, Sikh Chiefs from this village served in the army of famous Sikh leader Banda Bahadur Singh Ji, who offered them a Fief (Jagir) which lies in what is today the Patiala district of Punjab. These Chiefs later built a fort and established Bahadurgarh village in their new land. A medieval well in Padhiana, although now sealed, still exists commemorating these Chiefs, and is called Bahadargarhian Da Khoo (the well of Bahadargarh Chiefs). Prominent personalities from recent centuries include Col. Dilbagh Singh Minhas, the first Recruiting Officer at Jalandhar Cantt. The first Commander-in-Chief of the country, General K.M. Cariappa came to this village at the invitation of Col. Dilbagh Singh Minhas on 4 March 1949. Col. Dilbagh Singh Minhas who enlisted Punjabis in the Army, Navy and Air Force from Padhiana and surrounding villages. A prominient and well known personality in the Doaba region due to his charity work. Sardar Khajan Singh, a Safed Posh during British rule. His grandson Sardar Ujagar Singh was a member of Punjab Zila Parishad in post independence India. Sardar Dayal Singh of this village, who migrated to Kota Bundi, was a Member of Rajasthan Legislative Assembly in the 1950s. Er. Wattan Singh Minhas a Civil Engineering graduate from prestigious Thomson Engineering College, Roorkee (now, IIT, Roorkee) served as Chief Engineer in Central Public Works Department (CPWD). He is credited with construction of a number of Dams immediately after India’s independence from British. His younger brother Captain Bhag Singh Minhas served the country as an army officer and in the martial tradition of the village is credited with active participation in the 1962, 1965 and 1971 wars. More recently, Sardar B.S. Minhas, an Indian Administrative Services officer, was Secretary (called Deputy Minister in some countries), Ministry of Small Scale Industries and Agro & Rural Industries of India, the highest position a public service officer can hold in Indian Government ministry. In Military, Sardar Brigadier Manjit Singh of this village was awarded Maha Vir Chakra, India’s second highest gallantry award, for his leadership in 1987 Jaffna operations of Indian Army. Major (later Brigadier) Virender Singh Minhas, Vir Chakra, the officer, who successfully led Indian Army’s famous Siachan operation against Pakistan in 1984 also has Padhiana origin. The operation won many gallantry awards to its participant soldiers, including a Param Vir Chakra to Sardar Bana Singh, the only soldier to ever win this award while alive. Among media personalities, Bollywood models and actors, brothers Rahul Dev and Mukul Dev have Padhiana ancestry. Also, famous Punjabi poet, lyricist and TV show producer Lal Padhianvi grew up in Padhiana. The village has produced many eminent scientists, army officers, educationists, administrators, and artists, some of which are listed in later sections. A Brahman Lady’s tomb commemorating her Sati stands near the village North crematory reminiscent of the medieval traditions of Padhiana gentry. The pond adjoining the crematory is called “Tal Satiwati” or, in English

Battle Of Saragarhi ! Live Saragarhi Fort !The Most insane Battle In History 4th Bat. Sikh Regiment

The Battle of Saragarhi was fought before the Tirah Campaign on 12 September 1897 between Sikh soldiers of the British Indian Army and Pashtun Orakzai tribesmen. It occurred in the North-West Frontier Province (now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan). The British Indian contingent comprised 21 Sikh soldiers of the 36th Sikhs (now the 4th battalion of the Sikh Regiment), who were stationed at an army post and were attacked by around 10,000 Afghans. The Sikhs, led by Havildar Ishar Singh, chose to fight to the death, in what is considered by some military historians as one of history’s greatest last-stands.[9] The post was recaptured two days later by another British Indian contingent. Sikh military personnel commemorate the battle every year on 12 September, as Saragarhi Day. Saragarhi was a small village in the border district of Kohat, situated on the Samana Range, in present-day Pakistan. On 20 April 1894, the 36th Sikhs of the British Indian Army was created, under the command of Colonel J. Cook.[11] In August 1897, five companies of the 36th Sikhs under Lieutenant Colonel John Haughton were sent to the northwest frontier of British India (modern-day Khyber Pakhtunkhwa) and were stationed at Samana Hills, Kurag, Sangar, Sahtop Dhar and Saragarhi. The British had partially succeeded in getting control of this volatile area, but tribal Pashtuns continued to attack British personnel from time to time. Thus a series of forts, originally built by Ranjit Singh, the ruler of the Sikh Empire, were consolidated. Two of the forts were Fort Lockhart (on the Samana Range of the Hindu Kush mountains), and Fort Gulistan (Sulaiman Range), situated a few miles apart. Fort Lockhart is located at 33.5562N 70.91877E.[12] Due to the forts not being visible to each other, Saragarhi was created midway, as a heliographic communication post. The Saragarhi post, situated on a rocky ridge, consisted of a small block house with loop-holed ramparts and a signalling tower. A general uprising by the Afghans began there in 1897, and between 27 August and 11 September many vigorous efforts by Pashtuns to capture the forts were thwarted by the 36th Sikhs. In 1897, insurgent and inimical activities had increased, and on 3 and 9 September Afridi tribesmen, allied with the Afghans, attacked Fort Gulistan. Both the attacks were repulsed, and a relief column from Fort Lockhart, on its return trip, reinforced the signalling detachment positioned at Saragarhi, increasing its strength to three non-commissioned officers (NCOs) and eighteen other ranks.

Jandi Chonta Gurdaspur TO Gang Sheikhupura Pakistan !! Punjab Partition Story 1947

According to Census 2011 information the location code or village code of Jandi village is 027876. Jandi village is located in Gurdaspur Tehsil of Gurdaspur district in Punjab, India. It is situated 20km away from sub-district headquarter Gurdaspur and 20km away from district headquarter Gurdaspur. As per 2009 stats, Jandi village is also a gram panchayat.

The total geographical area of village is 347 hectares. Jandi has a total population of 1,981 peoples. There are about 388 houses in Jandi village. Dina Nagar is nearest town to Jandi.

Jagraon Ludhiana To 89 JB Ratna Layallpur Pakistan !! Punjab Partition Story 1947

Jagraon is a town and a municipal council, a rural police district and a sub-division of the Ludhiana district in the Indian state of Punjab. Jagraon is more than three centuries old. It has been thought that the city’s original name was Jagar aon, meaning “a place of great flooding”, although this flooding has since ceased. It could also be argued that Jagraon actually derives from a source with a suffix “-graon” being a development of the Sanskrit Grama, meaning “village” as found in the Hindi word Gaon. Jagraon is at almost the geographical centre of Punjab state, 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) from the River Satluj. It is 37 km (23 mi) from its district headquarters Ludhiana, 29 km (18 mi) from Moga, 31 km (19 mi) from Nakodar, and 55 km (34 mi) from Barnala.
Jagraon is an important religious centre for Sikhs, Hindus, Muslims as well as Jains. Jagraon was founded by Rai Kamaluddin father of Rai Kalha III of Raikot in 1680 AD. Gurdwara Nanaksar Sahib is one of the important places of worship for Sikhs. Gurdwara Mehdiana Sahib is known for its unique depiction of scenes from Sikh history, especially those of atrocities committed against Sikhs by various Mughal rulers, in the form of life-sized statues. There are also many famous Hindu temples including Bhadra Kali Mandi and Pracheen Shiv Mandir. Muslim places of worship include the famous khanqah and the mausoleum of Mohkam Din, where a three-day annual fair, Roshni da mela is held in the third week of February. Mohkam Din had two wives, one named Sara Bibi and the other Jeena Bibi. Sara Bibi is buried next to Mohkam Din and Jeena Bibi is buried about one half a miles away from Mohkam Din’s Mazaar and is beautifully built. Thousands of people pay their respects to her when attending Hazrat Baba Mohkam Din’s annual Urs Mubarik, which is known as Roshni da mela. Before 1947 CE there was a large Muslim presence in this area. Right next to the mazaar of Hazrat Baba Mohkam Din there is the maqbara of Syed Hameeray Shah Sahib who was the adopted son of Mohkam Din because he had no child from either wife. Syed Hameeray Shah Sahib was also his great khalifa, matabanna and mutawalli of the property related to Mohkam Din. Mohkam Din died in February 1913 CE. He was initiated by his saint Murshid Muhammad Amin Sahib Sirhindi who was a saint and wali of the Naqshbandi Order established in India by Ahmad Sirhindi Mujaddid Alif Thani. Maulvi Mazhar Hassan Wakeel was the sajjada nishin and mutawalli of the Mazar Sharif. In 1947 he migrated to Pakistan.

Gurudwara Nanaksar, a gurdwara built as a memorial for of the saint, Nand Singh
The Jain temple in Jagraon is considered as one of the most holy places for Jains in the region. Earlier the temple had quite a peaceful ambiance and a good garden. However presently its proximity to the bus stand, police station and the bazaar has made it quite a congested place full of the noise of urban life. Nevertheless, it attracts thousands of pilgrims from the Jain community all over the world, for the annual Diksha Mahotsav in the third week of March. The old walled city, with its four gates is known locally for its Mughal period architecture. Even the local market within the walled city is known as Anarkali bazaar, after the title of a beauty at Mughal Emperor Akbar’s court. This bazaar is very congested. Despite all the congestion stray cows can be found in the narrow lanes bringing the traffic to a halt.

Jagraon is also the home of Lala Lajpat Rai, a well-known figure in the Indian Independence movement, who greatly influenced Bhagat Singh. His house is now a municipal library. The chiefs of Jagraon according to Major Charles Francis Massy’s ‘Chiefs and Families of Note in the Punjab’ were Chandravanshi Rajputs, the last being Rai Inayat Khan, the custodian of Guru Sahib’s Ganga Sagar at the time of the Partition of India in 1947. Rai Aziz Ullah Khan ex-MP (MNA) in Pakistan is the grandson of Rai Inayat Khan